Mailing Lists
Join our mailing list today and be the first to hear all about our updates, special offers and more!

Bouïssiere Gigondas La Font de Tonin 2012 (Vinous 93)

Item Number 1070
Price $49.95
Sale Price $39.96
You Save $9.99 (20 %)
In Stock: 3
on sale

Product Description

Domaine Bouissiere has long been one of our very favorite domaines of the southern Rhône Valley. This particular wine represents one of the very top Gigondas produced in the southern Rhône. Sourced from grapes grown just below the famed Dentelles de Montmirail at 300-500 m. altitude, the wine reflects its mountainous origins with a robust, full-bodied attitude. Composed, primarily, from Grenache (80%), the remaining 20% comes from Mourvedre. Font de Tonin is a limited production wine that combines both power and finesse. A judicious use of oak (only a small portion of which is new) frames this masterpiece nicely.

This very special wine is quite limited and recently received the following praise from Vinous (Josh Raynolds) who notes the following in conjunction with a 93 point score, “Dark ruby. A heady, complex bouquet evokes raspberry liqueur, potpourri and Asian spices, with a smoky mineral element adding vivacity. Sweet, broad and seamless in the mouth, offering intense red and dark berry and lavender pastille flavors plus a touch of allspice. Closes with excellent clarity and floral persistence and only a hint of silky tannins. This very suave wine possesses the balance to age.” LIMITED